Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pull up From a Girl's Point of View

After three years of off and on training, I can finally do a pull up. I cannot even begin to express how fired up I am! There are several things I can attribute to this achievement, I'll post something once I get my thoughts organized. I've heard from one place that a guy knows of 40-50 year old mothers of three that can 10 pull ups. Well, I can't say I fall into that category. I'm just an average college student. I've seen "how to progress to a pull up" articles everywhere, but most of them are written by guys. Not that there's any problem with that. As a girl, seeing these "how to's" written by guys didn't help me at all...especially whenever it ended with, "if I can do it, then so can you." That's the kind of message I want to hear from another chick. I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in this. I want to show girls that it is possible to do pull ups without any special training. I'll show you the steps I took to progress to doing a pull up.

My next goal: 5 pull ups. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment